Hi all partners,
To help you in setting up the Social Auto Sharing feature, today I will show you how to create an application on Twitter, then get the Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token and the Access Token Secret of this application.
NOTE 1: This tutorial assumes that you don't have your Twitter application yet. If you have created an application before, you can skip through steps 1 to step 17, and start from step 18 to get the application's keys & token secrets.
NOTE 2: Currently, Twitter is tightening up the developer account registration policy on their platform. So if you don't have a developer account yet, you need to go through the steps of registration and approval (from step 1 to step 10). This may take you have to wait from 1 to 2 days.
NOTE 3: For creating and getting Keys of Facebook Application, you can read the guide in this post: https://pes.social/articles/how-to-get-the-id-and-app-secret-of-your-facebook-application.html
Step 2: In next screen, click Continue button.
Step 3: select I am requesting access for my own personal use. Then provide 2 required info is the Account name and Country. Finally click Continue.
Step 4: next, you have to provide the use case of your application. With our purpose, you only have to select Publish and curate Tweets.
Step 5: still on thí page, you have to scoll down a little bit, then provide some infomation about what you are about to do with Twitter'a API with at least 300 words. You can follow the sample one I wrote in the image below to get the guiding. After that, select No with the question: Will your product, service, or analysis make Twitter content or derived information available to a government entity. Finally, click Continue.
Step 6: next, you have to agree with the Terms of Service of Twitter. To do that, scroll the Terms of Service content to the end, then check the agreement, then click Submit Application.
Step 7: a confirmation email will be sent to your email address of your Twitter account. You have to open this email in your mailbox, then click Confirm your email.
Step 8: You have completed submitting a developer account review on Twitter. You will now have to wait for Twitter to approve your request. This will take about 1 day. If successful, you will receive a notification email like this.
Step 9: If Twitter sends you an additional Email as the image below...
You can send a reply with this sample answer:
This is my answer for your review questions:
- I will use Twitter’s API for the Social Auto Sharing feature of my website, which will tweet new content to my profile page automatically.
- I do not intend to analyze Tweets, Twitter users or their content.
- My application involves Tweeting, but only involves Tweeting for my profile only
- I do not display content off Twitter
Step 10: After 1 to 2 days, if approved, you will receive a notification from Twitter. Since then, you've officially owned a developer account on Twitter, and can create as many as apps you want.
Step 12: Click Create an app again.
Step 13: you have to fill out all required information as described below:
- App name: enter the name of your application, ie PES Social Auto Posting.
- Application description: enter description for this app, ie Sharing Patchs on PES Social to my Twitter Profile Automatically.
- Website URL: enter your website URL. If you do not have one, feel free to enter our website: https://pes.social
- Organization name: enter the name of your organization, or your name if you want.
- Organization Website URL: enter your website URL. If you do not have one, feel free to enter our website: https://pes.social
- Tell us how this app will be used: describe the purpose of your application. For example: We use this application to tweet my posts on PES Social on address https://pes.social to my Twitter Profile page automatically.
After finished, click Create button.
Step 14: when the Review our Developer Terms display, click Create button.
Step 15: ow select the tab Permissions, click to Edit button.
Step 16: You have to make sure the Read and write radio button in Access permission was checked, then click Save.
Step 17: Now select tab Keys and tokens, then click to Create button to start generate Access token & access token secret key.
Step 18: still on tab Keys and tokens, you can see all keys of your Twitter application are here. If you like, you can generate new keys & token secrets by clicking the Regenerate button.
If you have any question, feel free to leave a comment at below, we will reply as soon as posible.
Thanks for reading.