eFootball PES 2020 can boast Juventus exclusively, but there are still some teams and entire leagues without a permit. However, by downloading the options file, PS4 and PC we can import unlicensed team names, logos and official uniforms. Let's see how.
The options file is an amateur mod that enables you to import PES 2020 unlicensed team names, logos and full sets. Currently, this mod can only be applied to the game's PS4 and PC variants: below we will clarify how to do it step by step.
You will need a USB stick to access the options file on PS4. You only have to follow these directions after you get one:
- Format the USB stick with FAT32 option.
- Create a folder inside the USB stick and call it “WEPES”.
- Download your favorite option files. In the meantime, we point out that a useful option file can be downloaded from here.
- Insert it into the "WEPES" folder on the USB stick after downloading the options file. If you downloaded the options file in zip format, you need to decompress it first.
- Plug the USB stick in your PS4 console then start PES 2020.
- From the main menu, select Edit » Data management » Import/Export
- Go to Import team, check all the checkbox on the Select File screen and continue. Repeat this action for Import competitions. After that, leave all the checkbox unchecked in the Detailed Settings screen.
- The files will then be added automatically. Wait for the data to be transferred.
- Make sure you select the “Save” option on the “Data management” page that appears at the end of the process.
- At this point, the championship logos still need to be added manually. Go back to “Data Management”, then “Import / Export” and select “Import images”.
- Next, select the “Competition emblems” option on the “Import images” screen.
- Check all the individual images (not the folders) and press OK.
- Finally, it is necessary to manually change each league with the newly imported logos, by scrolling through the “Competition Category” pages.
Importing the file choice to a PC is easier and does not require a USB stick to be used. You'll have to download the mod first. Follow these directions after doing so:
- Once you have downloaded the options file, install it following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- When the installer asks you to specify the folder in which to install the files, select the path where PES 2020 has been installed. Normally, for Steam users, this is the path
C:/Steam/SteamApps/Common/eFootball PES 2020.
- Check whether the installation was successful by checking the names, logos, and meshes of the unlicensed teams. Contrary to what was seen on PS4, on the PC the installation of the options file is completely automatic.
You will be able to import the names, logos and full official records of the eFootball PES 2020 unlicensed teams if you follow the tutorials in this post. Unfortunately, the procedure can only be carried out on PS4 and PC at the time and not on Xbox One. If things happen in the future, this guide will be updated explaining how the method can be completed on the Microsoft console as well.