A new breakthrough for you Playstation 3 users, especially the latest OFW series, this time has succeeded in Xploit by installing Hybrid Firmware 4.84 or HFW4.84 .
HFW is a modification of OFW which can be installed for all PS3 Models, which allows us to run Xploit for PS3 4.84
With the developments made by these developers, PS3Xploit can function again on firmware 4.83 or 4.84 which previously did not support installing unit games.
So, thank you to all PS3Xploit developers who are at PSX-Place.
(UPDATE) 4.84.2 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) - Restores PS3Xploit Flasher / Tools & PS3Xploit HAN got 4.84 OFW user's
In this HFW4.84.2 we can use the function han functions, such as the HAN installer, PKG Enabler Debug and so on. So basically we can still install unit games for PS3 HFW4.84
What can you do with this HFW 4.84.1 / 4.84.2?
- You can use PSN because FW is the latest version.
- You can downgrade / Install the CFW on your PS3 if your PS3 has a downgrade / hack (minvercheck 3.55) - (not including CECH-3K and 4K) (The same ability as what you have for 4.82 OFW)
- You can use HAN and all the tools that work at 4.82 with this FW.
- You can always return to OFW 4.84 ori if desired.
Download PS3 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) Update 4.84.2:
HFW_4.84.1: MD5: edb4e74bc6f83b1d767f3db978e0dd86
UPDATE 3-22-2019: HFW 4.84.2: MD5: 4247362b54fadd2e4d7c09007f720803
How to Install PS3 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) Update 4.84.2?
Don't follow this tutorial if you are in doubt, or you should first think about what benefits are obtained by updating to HFW 4.84 if you still stay at 4.82.
For those who are curious or want to try please:
- Download Update HFW4.84.1 or 4.84.2 through the link above
- Extract the downloaded results, check that MD5 is sure to match
- Rename HFW_4.84.2_PS3UPDAT.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Create a folder on the flashdisk with the name PS3, then create a folder inside it named UPDATE
- Copy PS3UPDAT.PUP into the UPDATE folder on the USB Flashdisk
- Plug in the PS3
- Enter PS3, System Update
- Select Update via Storage Media
- Follow the update process to complete
- For more details, refer to the video below: