– fix for “3-subs-only” bug. Previously, if you had set the number of substitutions to any value other than 3, it would cause some of the sider events not to trigger. That would break StadiumServer in exhibition mode, for example. Fixed now. Big thanks to @Cesc Fabregas for finding this!
– tweak to LuaJIT to use wide-char filenames. This makes it possible to use folder names like “Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán” or “Стэмфорд Бридж” in your content, and they will be handled correctly by Lua modules. (new lua51.dll)
– support for rendering images in overlay. Can be useful for showing previews in modules like BallServer, StadiumServer, ScoreboardServer and so for. Supported image formats are: DDS, PNG, JPEG. See doc/scripting.txt for full explanation of how to use it. (see @zlac ‘s post #733 in this thread – for how it looks)
How to upgrade:
If you are already using sider – just by itself, or with EvoSwitcher, or as part of some bigger patch, then be careful to preserve your existing sider.ini – the file that you already have. It contains important settings for sider, and you want to keep those, instead of overwriting them with default sider.ini that comes from sider zip archive. The rest of the files you can safely replace.
If you want to be super-extra-careful, and update as few files as possible – then take only “sider.dll” and “lua51.dll” from sider-5.1.4.zip and keep the rest of your existing files as is.
Sider is open source and might even qualify as free software.
Source code is here: https://github.com/pes-modding/sider5
– allows to play longer (or shorter) games: set match time to any number of minutes between 1 and 255. (in sider.ini)
– LiveCPK (see example of new Champions League ball by @Hawke)
– free side select : move controllers freely in all game modes
– camera.lua : allows to tweak ranges of zoom, height, and angle for custom camera. See camera.ini – for the settings. All credit to @nesa24 for camera research!
– Lua scripting support with various game events, such as “set_teams”, “set_conditions”, “set_match_time”, and “trophy_rewrite”.
– Trophy server
– Interactive overlay
(When you change match time with match.minutes setting in sider.ini, the game will still say it’s “5 minutes”, or whatever the chosen length is. However, during the match, the time will flow according to the setting in sider.ini)